s Plastic Free July® comes to an end, we want to take a moment to celebrate everyone who took part in the challenge and share our contribution to this worthwhile cause.
For those who may not know, Plastic Free July® is a global movement that helps millions of people be part of the solution to plastic pollution – so we can all have cleaner streets, oceans, and beautiful communities.
Plastic Free July provides resources and ideas to help reduce single-use plastic waste every day at home, work, school and local businesses. The movement has inspired 100+ million participants in 190 countries with over 85% of participants making at least one lasting change. By making small changes, collectively we can help make a massive difference to our communities. Over the last three years challengers reduced their waste by 15kg per person per year (3.5% less waste)!
OrangeDoor is proud to be involved in the plastic free challenge in not only July but every month. Through prioritising the management of People, Planet and Profit equally we aim to help preserve the planet for future generations.
We are continuously making changes to our events to embed sustainability into every corner of our business:
- We have introduced reusable service ware to our events – we never use bamboo or plastic.
- Recyclable print materials have become a staple – we no longer use plastics and vinyls for branding at events.
- Hard plastic promotional pens have been replaced with seed pencils.
- A zero tolerance for inhouse single use plastics – we only use reusable glass containers.
- Recycling chewing gum.
- Each staff member is issued a recycled and reusable cotton shopper bag, mug and seed pencil.
As we continue our sustainability journey, we pledge to embrace plastic free changes that will help make a collective difference to our community. We will do this not only in July but all year through – we value the future and are dedicated to doing our bit to ensure the long-term viability of People, Planet and Profit.
If you'd like to find out more about how OrangeDoor can support sustainability in your events, please get in touch.